Acronis, a global leader in cyber protection and MassTLC member with an office in Burlington, announced the release of a new report as part of their partnership with the World Economic Forum (WEF) Centre for Cybersecurity.
Principles for Board Governance of Cyber Risk
The report, Principles for Board Governance of Cyber Risk, reveals that critical need for board of directors to play an active role in their organization from cyber risks.
With insights from Acronis and other leaders in digital risk and cybersecurity, the expert-led team identified six principles that apply to a wider audience of boards and management teams, specifically:
- Cybersecurity is a strategic business enabler
- Understand the economic drivers and impact of cyber risk
- Align cyber-risk management with business needs
- Ensure organizational design supports cybersecurity
- Incorporate cybersecurity expertise into board governance
- Encourage systemic resilience and collaboration
The report “provides advice and suggests critical actions that directors may find useful as they seek to understand their organization’s current position, exercise their oversight function and set future goals” and is Acronis’ first published contribution to the WEF partnership since being invited to join the group in 2020.