Rebecca Palm, Founder, Copatient
1. Why Boston?
The startup culture here in Boston is unlike any other- especially for tech-driven companies. We have found a great community here and are constantly inspired by our peers.
Copatient is a strong 7- it takes a certain person to not only work in healthcare, but love every aspect of it- flaws included. We have a team here that is so passionate about healthcare and about the way copatient is disrupting the system.
The Usual Suspects
4. What business would you love to start?
A Chicago-style pizza restaurant… no further explanation necessary
5. In the past few months, what is the smallest change you made that had the biggest positive result?
Letting go of things I can’t control
6. If you could have a beer with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be?
Can I trade it for a glass of wine? Michael Lewis, because he knows how to make almost anything into an interesting story.
7. What’s your superpower or what’s your spirit animal?
My super power is applying known principles in a new way or to a new industry
8. If you could sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?
I think they would pay me not to sing…
9. If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?
Frosted Mini Wheats – fun AND substantial!
10. What book do you think everyone on your team should read?
The Employee Handbook 🙂
About Copatient: Copatient helps consumers take control of their healthcare expenses, with the most comprehensive, hassle-free healthcare expense management services available. Copatient works to resolve billing errors and ensures that provider payments are appropriate for the services provided by using crowd-sourced data and a proprietary technology platform to perform an innovative bill analysis and negotiate payment. With unmatched dedication and expertise, Copatient eases the emotional and financial burden of healthcare costs, guiding consumers at every step.
Want to learn more? Visit Rebecca Palm and the copatient office during NewCo Boston on April 27, 2016!
Session Time: 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Session Title: Disrupting the System: How Copatient is Simplifying Healthcare Expenses