John Cullinane, Founder of Cullinet Software, Inc., Katie Rae, Managing
Director of Tech Stars, and Kelly Powers, Computer Science Department Chair
at Advanced Math & Science Acadamy Recognized for Industry Leadership
Over 600 technology executives, entrepreneurs, investors and students packed the Renaissance Hotel’s ballroom last night to celebrate the presentation of the 2012 MassTLC Leadership Awards. The energy and enthusiasm in the room for the Massachusetts tech sector was palpable. One recipient after another took to the stage declaring two things: they would not be here without their incredible team, and there is no better place to build and grow a tech company than Massachusetts.
“MassTLC is blown away by the incredible talent and innovation being recognized tonight,” said Tom Hopcroft, President and CEO of MassTLC. “This year’s finalists and recipients are an incredible representation of the spirit of innovation in Massachusetts.”
Top Award Winners
EnerNOC CEO Tim Healy took the top honors in the CEO of the Year category, and Sheila Rocchio, of PHT Corporation, was awarded Emerging Executive of the Year.
Winners for the Company of the Year categories, were Acquia for private company and EMC for public company.
SessionM took home the 2012 Start-Up to Watch award, which was determined by the tech community through a public online voting process.
GXT Green was named the 2012 winner in the Consumer Product of the Year category. Finalists in this category were determined by online vote prior to the Gala and the winner was determined by audience text vote during the actual event.
Honorary Award Winners
Commonwealth Award: John Cullinane, Founder of Cullinet Software, for his vision, passion for technology and unique business insights that help put Massachusetts on the map as a hub of innovation.
Innovation Catalyst: Katie Rae, Managing Director of Tech Stars, for her leadership and commitment to helping entrepreneurs realize their dreams.
Workforce Development Leader: Kelly Powers, Computer Science Department Chair at Advanced Math & Science Academy for helping students and teachers discover and develop a passion for computer science.
All 2012 Award Recipients:
– CEO of the Year: Tim Healy, EnerNOC
– Emerging Executive of the Year: Sheila Rocchio, PHT Corporation
– Company of the Year – Private: Acquia
– Company of the Year – Public: EMC
– Start-Up to Watch: SessionM
– Best Use of Technology: Alleyoop
– Innovative Technology of the Year – Big Data: Entagen
– Innovative Technology of the Year – Cloud: Yottaa, Inc.
– Innovative Technology of the Year – Digital Games: Harmonix
– Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare/Life Sciences: Vortex Medical
– Innovative Technology of the Year – Energy: Retroficiency
– Innovative Technology of the Year – Mobile: Celtra
– Innovative Technology of the Year – Robotics: Interactions Corporation
– Innovative Technology of the Year – Sales & Marketing: Curata, Inc.
– Consumer Product of the Year: GXT Green
– Recruitment Video of the Year: Constant Contact
A committee of over 40 industry executives, thought leaders and media were involved with the selection process for the nominees and determined the winners with the exception of Product of the Year and Start Up to Watch which were selected through online/text voting. For a full list of finalists and recipients in each category, please visit www.masstlcawards.org
About The Mass Technology Leadership Council
The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) is the region’s leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors and policy leaders. MassTLC’s purpose is to accelerate innovation by connecting people from across the technology landscape, providing access to industry-leading content and ideas and offering a platform for visibility for member companies and their interests. With a membership of 500 companies and growing, MassTLC is a vibrant tech community that serves its members in a myriad of ways including:
– Organizing and running active cluster communities including Big Data, Cloud, Mobile, Software Development, Energy, Healthcare, Robotics and Digital Games
– Hosting Boston’s most exciting annual tech event, the MassTLC Innovation unConference
– Shining the spotlight on leaders in tech with an Annual Awards Program
– Supporting workforce development where you need it most
– Connecting companies with policy leaders
– Celebrating the technologies and leaders of the region
For more information on MassTLC visit www.mtlc.co